Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The Ski Pants....

So, I have this pair of North Face ski pants I bought my freshman year of college. I put them on in Dec when Ricky and I took the kids to the Night of Lights in Mammoth. While I was happy I could still zip them up (hey.. it's been 9 years and 3 kids later.. I was impressed okay?!) I was not happy that I had a sweet fat roll hanging over the top and I could barely breathe when I got them on.

I really wish I had taken a picture of myself in them at the time, but I wasn't thinking.

Anyhow..... I put them on today because Ricky and I were gonna take our almost 3 year old skiing today. (yes.. I know it's sounds nuts.. but she wants to go and everyone in Ricky's family was on skis pretty much from birth... haha... Karilyn can vouche for me on that one can't ya Kar?!!) Sooooo... I put them on and.... not only could I zip them up, BUT I had room in the bum area, I could breathe and... get this... they were actually LOOSE!!!!! WOOHOO!! Stoked doesn't even begin to describe my feelings at the time. hee hee I know I'm thinner than I was in December, the scale today said I'm down 11 lbs. My clothes are fitting better, but the ski pants... now that was just freakin' cool! I could totally tell , and see, the difference and it felt GREAT!!!

I'll have to take a pic of me in them tomorrow. We didn't get to the slopes today... too much stuff that we ended up having to take care of around the house, but maybe Friday.... ;-) Anyhow... just had to share my exitement.

5 comments:

  1. WOO HOO!!! I love these little victories. It's amazing how a pair of pants can make your day! Way to go Whitney! You totally deserve to see some great results! Congrats! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! So happy to hear your ski pants fit! That's so exciting. And just think, 2 months ago you couldn't hardly put them on. 11 lbs is freakin' awesome! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so great when you can actually feel and see a difference. You are doing so well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW Whitney! That is the best feeling EVER!! So proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go Whitney! Your hard work is paying off!

    ReplyDelete