Friday, February 20, 2009

Sick... {blech}

So, it was bound to happen eventually. Everyone has been sick in my litle fam. They only one that's seem to escape it is Cohen. He had a little cold, but is doing great now. But Mars and Ash are still fighting it, and are on antibiotics. Ash is getting better.. but Mars is worse; goopy eyes, runny nose, cough. Poor baby girl.

I got a sore throat Wed, after skiing. I was hoping it would go away... but that night I had a horrid fever and could barely swallow. I hardley ate at all yesterday, and I felt like I had been hit by a Mack Truck. I bailed on WW because I was just *not* feeling up to it. Plus, Ricky was sick to, and I felt bad ditching the kids with him while I went.

Last night I was almost in tears because of my throat. I couldn't swallow and just wanted to die. I went to the Dr today and its not strep, but that means is viral. Basically he said.."Get some Chloraseptic and go home." Gee.. thanks. :-( (btw~ Chloraseptic is N-A-S-T-Y!!!!)

So I did.

I am feeling a little better. I've been sucking down tea like it's goin' outta style. It's the only thing that seems to help. The good news is.... I haven't eaten much of anything the last couple days. (the mere thought of swallowing anything more than soup terrifys me. lol) So, I think I've lost another pound just the last few days. LOL I am on the verge of being on the 140's and I couldn't be happier. :) I haven't been in that range since before I got preggo with Cohen.

I'm hoping I'll be on my to 100% by the weekend. *fingers crossed*

4 comments:

  1. Oh no!!! I'm so sorry you are feeling so horrible. That's just miserable! I completely am with you on the sore throat. I have that too. In fact, I think I'll go blog about it now.

    Hope it goes away! It is seriously no fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yuck, Sorry you are feeling miserable... I love how you can type how horrible you are feeling and still be so positive as to say you couldn't be happier :) -- That is so great that you are almost in the 140's!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you get feeling better soon, I know that it has been almost 3 weeks and I am still sick! The flu is killer! My husband and kids have all been sick too, but for some reason it has been so much worse in me this time!!! Good luck, it is yucky stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks all. Sadly... I am feeling way worse!! lol
    We went down to LA area to visit my sister and her hubby, and to do some shopping. On the way down my ears totally plugged up and they didn't pop until Sunday afternoon. It was AWFUL!! Then Sunday we went to Ikea and I began losing my voice. By Monday morning I could barley talk above a wisper. The kids think it's funny and have been wispering back to me. haha

    So... I am getting dressed and getting my Rx filled. My MIL has the same thing and she got the Z-Pack (like I have to get) and said she feels sooooo much better. So here's hoping!!

    ReplyDelete