Thursday, February 12, 2009

My GOAL!!




Okay, so obviously my goal is to be thinner and healthier. But I have an additional goal as well. One of my fellow Losers mentioned that she wants to run a 1/2 marathon this year. It got me thinking... I should have a goal like that. So, I decided to run a 5K. But not just any 5K.... I am going to do the Race For the Cure 5K!! I have always been a big supporter of breast cancer awarness and figured this was a great way to help 2 fab causes at the same time. One being the Susan G. Komen Foundation, the other being the Get Whitney's Fat Butt in Shape foundation.. haha


I'm planning on doing the Nov run in San Diego. I'm gonna talk my SIL Cyndee into running with me. It'll be a fun little vay-kay down to San Diego for us, and our men and kids. ;-)


So, that's it.. my *other* goal.... Run the 5K Race for the Cure!! I think I'll do great, just need to start training... that may be the hard part.. haha.

3 comments:

  1. Woot Woot! Way to go Whit! 5k is an awesome goal! :o) You can actually google "how to train for a 5k" and find tons of info! Your dedication to this competition and in setting new goals inspires me to work harder! Thanks! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. THat was my goal last year. I so wish I could this year. Darn bum leg! That is such an awesome goal, and the cause is close to my heart. I lost a dear friend to breast cancer in August. She was 39.
    ~Christi

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is great! I did the one here in SL last year. I had a great time. There are all sorts of great people out there running for people with breast cancer. You go girl!

    ReplyDelete