Friday, January 9, 2009

Weight Watchers...

Last night I went to my first WW meeting. It was great! And the WW scale said I'm 2lbs less than my scale at home. (But for sake of the contest... I'll stick with what my home scale says. ;)


So.... I had my first day with points. It's going really well. I get bonus points since I'm nursing too. WooHoo! It's 5pm, and I'm not even hungry and I still have 15 points left for dinner!! Yay, so excited. I'm gonna have pizza. delish!


I'm also almost done with my first liter of water for the day. (yes.. I realize the day is almost over.... I slaked on the liquid intake today.) I also went run/walking for about 30 mins today. Cohen went with me, so it was more walking than running, but.. I figured out that I am uberly outta shape, so... it wasn't all that bad.. LOL. Plus, by having Cohen with me... I figure when people saw me walking they assumed it was because I was letting my 4.5 year old catch up to me. haha


Anyhow..... it's going good... but tough. It's my first day on points so I'm still trying to gage my hunger vs points and whatnot. I have quite a few points leftover for dinner, so I think I can snack more during the day tomorrow. It's a trial an error system I think. ;-)

5 comments:

  1. Right after I had Keagan I did weight watchers so I had nursing points. I gained 2 pounds the first week eating all my points. Then the next week I just ate w/o my nusing points and I lost 3. I lost like 15 in 12 weeks. I really liked it, i want to still do it but i hate paying, i'd rather buy a gym pass. good luck with it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on joining WW. I'll be excited to see how well you do with that kind of additional support. Everyone's talk about points makes me think I need to check into that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you! I am losing weight this year too. Overall I would like to lose 80 - 100 lbs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks all!! I'm doing geat... 4 days in and 4lbs lost!! go me!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I heart Weight Watchers. It's the only program that has ever worked for me. We took money from our income taxes and set aside so I could go to Weight Watchers. I was 323.8 pounds when I started and I had high blood pressure, so the extra cost was like insurance to me! So, far, I lost 77 pounds and went down 1 level on my blood pressure meds! Stick with it it really works. I love the message boards on Weight Watchers.com too. I have found lots of great recipes that my whole family will eat. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete