Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Because cookies are a great idea when you're on a diet...

I'm gonna be honest.... I started this week off strong, then came Super Bowl Sunday, and I floundered. Bad. I was down 4 lbs, then somehow I gained 2 back! I'm really trying to stick with it and figure out what works for me on this new plan. One thing I have discovered- carbs are NOT my friend. Even if I stay within my points for the day, if I eat a lot of carbs, the pounds come back, and fast. I've also realized that fruit, while technically 0 Points Plus, I have to really watch how much I eat. Any more than two pieces and I gain.

While the new Points Plus is good.... there is NO wiggle room. On the old plan, I could fudge a little here and there, maybe sneak an extra couple bites of cereal, or a slice of bread, even a few M&M's.... but not this time. I don't know if it's because I'm older (hitting the big 3-0 can really mess with your body), or because this plan is so different. But whatever the reason..... I simply cannot go off plan.

SO....with that in mind... you may wonder why in the world I would make cookies last night! LOL

One word; KIDS. When you have kids... they don't understand "diets". Plus, cookies make great bribes. ;)  I was really good, I only had two. Which was fine, since I had 5 points left, and I only ate about a 1/4 of my dinner. So, it all worked out. And, the kids LOVED me for baking them.


And, there is good news......I'm sick! :) Ya, doesn't really sound like good news... but when you are trying to eat healthier, being sick is actually a blessing. I finally caught that horrendous cold/cough that is going around. I went to bed just knowing I would wake up sick. I could feel it coming on. My throat was tight and my voice was straining. It was coming. At about 5am I woke up with the WORST ear ache I can ever remember, I went on a mad hunt through the house looking for Sudafed or any other decongestant. The pressure in my ear was too much. I ended up heating up my rice pack and sleeping with that on my ear. I passed out sometime around 6am, only to awake at 7:30 to get the wolves up for school. *sigh*

When I hoped on the scale after they left, I was down a half pound. :) So I must have done something right yesterday. Tomorrow is the BIG weigh-in day. The end of my first week. I'm hoping to be down 2 or more pounds tomorrow.

Wish me luck!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment