Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Smoothie Challenge!

I was informed about this great Smoothie Challenge happening over HERE. I decided to go for it.

I started March 2nd (a day behind).. but am LOVING it so far. I am really bad eating my veggies. I mean, I eat salads.. but really... there are better veggies that I should be eating on a daily basis. And I don't even get a salad in on a daily basis.

Enter... the Smoothie Challenge. ;)

Since all fruit and (most) veggies are 0 points on WW, I was really excited about this! I have been able to make HUGE smoothies each day that are only 2 POINTS!!! That's IT!! And they are really really good. I've been experimenting with different fruits... figuring out what I like best... and this morning I made my BEST one yet!!

Here's what I did:


-1/2 C Yoplait Light and Fit Vanilla yogurt (you can use any yogurt you want.. this one just had the fewest calories per cup)
-1/2 C fat free milk
-handful of ice (more or less depending in how thick you want your smoothie)
                  -handful of fresh baby spinach leaves
-handful of baby carrots
-one whole banana
-about 1/3 to 1/2 of a fresh mango (incidentally... if you have a good method for cutting up/peeling mangos, please share! as mine usually end up looking like Freddy Krueger cut them up..LOL)
-about 1/2 cup or more, cut up pineapple. You can use canned if you want.. just be sure to drain the juice. ;)
-a splash of sugar free vanilla syrup. I think I used maybe 1/4 C?? I really don't know... I just sort of eyeballed it. (you can find it in the coffee isle. I use Torani. Delish! And I like it because it uses REAL vanilla.)
This will make about 6 cups, and is 2 points+ TOTAL! So if you split it... it's only 1point+ ;) I But I usually end up drinking practically the whole thing myself. I've been having one for breakfast daily. 
I have been mixing it up with the fruit, trying different combos, but the two constants have been the carrots and baby spinach. I ALWAYS add those two things. They are both really healthy and honestly... I can't taste them at all. Though my smoothies have been kind of green.. ;) BUT if you can get past how they look.. they are sooo good!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment