Friday, May 29, 2009

A small??? no way......

This month has totally flown by!!! Seriously.... I can't believe it's almost June!! WTHeck happened to spring?! LOL

I must admit.. I haven't done too hot this month. There are too many freakin birthdays in our family in April and May. I did go to WW last night, and I am down another 2.8 lbs... putting me at 132.6 lbs. BUT I was hoping to be outta the 130's by now. I really wanted to be in the 120's when I went to Utah in June to buy my new clothes.

But.. seeing as how I don't think that'll happen.. I broke down an bought a couple things the other day at Old Navy. And I was SHOCKED to discover I am now... a SMALL!! WTH?! When did that happen?? I have never been a small. Always a Med.. always... but not now. :) I stood at the clearance rack (ya.. clearence.. I'm cheap.. lol.. gotta save money where you can). So, as I stood there... looking at the meds, and the smalls... I was conflicted; Grab a medium, my old trusty friend... always was a med.. why would it change now... OR... go for a small. A brave new world in a size small...... dare I????? I dared.. hee hee

I grabbed a small in two tops and a skirt, a pair of capris, and a maxi dress. And wouldn't you know it... THEY ALL FIT!! And not fit like.."Oh, I can just squeeze my fat ass into the pants" fit.. but an honest to goodness "FIT like they should fit" fit!! I didn't try on any numbered sizes.. although in hind sight I really should have. But I had the girls with me, and Ash was being whiny and I didn't really have time, or energy.

I still can't believe it. I'm starting to wonder if ON has started making their clothes bigger, and an old Med is the new Small... (on a side note~ if this IS true.. don't tell me... lol I'd rather live in the idiotic bliss that I am really now a true small... haha).

But really.... I still feel "fat". I mean.. I have lost 33lbs... but I'm now back in my HS mind set, that I'm not too fat... but I could still stand to lose a few lbs. Truly I want/need to lose about another 10-12 lbs. That would put me at 120 lbs.... I would LOVE to be at 120 lbs. Even below that would be great.. like 115.. or even... dare I say... 110!!!! I know that I will have to work my ass off to get there. I can't just skate through it like I have been (just doing the WW thing... no working out)... I'll actually have to get my lazy self up off the couch and start exercising. LOL But I know it'll be worth it. I just need to remind myself that I CANNOT settle with this weight. Yes.. I am less than I was in HS (if only by 2 lbs.. less is less kids) BUT... I need to remember that in HS I wanted to lose a few lbs too... so I shouldn't change that now. Everyone is telling me to stop...that I'm "skinny enough"... but I know that's not true. They are just being nice.. or jealous... not sure which yet.. lol.

SO... my NEW goal is to get to 120 by the time my reunion rolls around in August.... I really think I can do it.. I just need to be MOTIVATED!! Not only that.. but I need to workout! I don't just wanna be skinny.. I wanna a rock hard bod.

So wish me luck kids... and, I just wanted to thank all those who comment on my blog. I am so bad about that.... I really appreciate those who take the time to comment to me. :-)

4 comments:

  1. Yay Whitney!! I'm sure it feels AMAZING to be in a small. You totally should have done some number sizes. I bet you are a 5!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The one major thing I have learned from this whole contest is that how we eat is WAY more important than I ever thought. I thought exercise was the key, but now I know eating healthy is... exercise is definitely needed too... but it is amazing what eating right will do. You totally can keep losing if you keep eating right and throw in some new muscle and workout too. Congrats on the size small! That is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya we just had my daughers birthday...dang I dont know why they taste so good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whitney, that is so great! I can't imagine putting on a "small" pair of pants. That would seriously make my life. Keep it up. I think you CAN make your goal if you push it. You'll wow everyone at the reunion!

    ReplyDelete